For anyone who has read my post the-dreaded-4-month-sleep-regression, you will know exactly what I was up against – wake ups every hour or two throughout the night, which were starting to take their toll. So, when the lovely Maureen, creator of the Magic Sleepsuit got in touch after seeing my blog post, I was very excited.
I had briefly heard about the Magic Sleepsuit from a friend of mine, so it was definitely something that I was willing to try – I would have tried ANYTHING for more than a few hours sleep at a time after 8 weeks of sleep regression!
We received a Blue Large Microfleece Sleepsuit as the little man was 18lbs, and just transitioning into 6-9 month clothes. I was so excited when it first arrived, and although it looked a bit like a straightjacket, the material was so soft and comfy! I have been really impressed with the thought that has gone into creating the product and how the zips are well tucked away at the top – you can tell it’s been done by a fellow mum!
One thing that I really liked, was that I could put him in a normal sleepsuit, and then put him in this, and that’s all that was needed – no blanket required!
When I first put him in it, he looked a bit like a Michelin Baby – but he looked sooooo cute! The first thing that I noticed was the thickness of the arms and legs, which meant that he couldn’t easily wake himself up when he moved, due to his movement being slightly restricted. When I watched him through the monitor on the first night, I noticed much less movements from him which I was really surprised at. Normally his arms flapped around and he would touch his face / ears, or suck on his fingers and then wake himself up.
I was quite sceptical about how well it would work, but we managed 6 hours before his first wake up. I was totally amazed! This was much better than the number of wake ups we were getting!!
The second night I tried him in it without the Sleepyhead, as I felt that the combination might be restricting him too much (and I was right, as it is suppposed to be used without!), and he slept 7 hours before he needed his first night feed. I’m pleased to say that the positive results have generally continued, with the odd bad night here and there where he is in pain due to his teeth.
The only downside for us has been that he had started to suck his thumb periodically as his teeth were bothering him, and with the sleepsuit on, he struggled to do so easily. However, he has found comfort in sucking on his dummy instead.
Would I recommend it?
If your child startles themselves awake, or waves their arms around a lot causing them to wake themselves up, then yes, I definitely recommend it.
Although I can’t be sure whether his sleep improved naturally, or completely due to the Magic Sleepsuit, I wish I had known more about it much earlier, as I would have definitely purchased one!
What exactly is it?
- The patented Magic Sleepsuit is designed for babies who are ready to transition from the swaddle, yet still need that cozy and contained feeling to aid in their sleep.
- Designed for Back Sleeping in the crib as recommended by the AAP
- Invented by a Pediatric Physical Therapist and Mom of 4, we find that this really resonates with parents
Where can I find out more?
Amazon UK https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MWXXQEA
Hope you found this helpful!
Mummy S x
I’m delighted to announce that the lovely Maureen, creator of the Magic Sleepsuit has agreed to a giveaway! This is your opportunity to WIN a magic sleepsuit of your choosing (where available).
Enter below for your chance to win a sleepsuit worth £24.
Terms and Conditions apply:
- Competition is open to UK residents only from 3rd March to 2nd April 2017.
- The winner will be notified via email within 7 days of the competition closing.
- The decision of the blog will be final.
- No purchase necessary. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over.
- The winner of the competition will receive one baby merlin’s magic sleepsuit and can choose the colour (blue, yellow, pink) of the sleepsuit for size 3-6 months (Where available)
- Options available: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Baby-Merlins-Magic-Sleepsuit-months/dp/B0095YY99K?th=1
- All prizes must be accepted as offered. There will be no alternative awards, cash or otherwise.
- Anyone identified as using multiple accounts to gain extra entries will be disqualified.
- If you enter by following an account you must still be following when the the giveaway is drawn.
I was sent a Magic Sleepsuit for the purpose of this review, however all opinions are my own.