Back in October prior to the dreaded 4 month sleep regression, the lovely Lex from No Manual to Mummy nominated me for the sunshine blogger award. (Sorry it’s taken me so long – sleep deprivation took over!)
Go visit the lovely Lex at: www.nomanualtomummy.com
So, thank you for thinking of me, and here are the answers to the questions! Better late than never……
1.If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be and why? I would go back to being 16. Becoming a parent has given me a new found appreciation for my own parents, and had I known what I know now (the hard work and determination it takes to be a mum), I would have shown them so much more whilst I was growing up!
2. Do you have any nicknames? If so, how did you get them? Dee Dee (from the rugrats), because i was the oldest and always bossed everyone else around (apparently!)
3. Do you have any phobias? No real phobias, but you’d never see me on I’m a Celebrity doing any of those trials!
4. What’s one thing you regret? I don’t regret anything….i’m a firm believer of “everything happens for a reason”
5. If you could make one wish, what would it be? That my little boy grows up to be extremely happy, healthy and successful in everything he does.
6. Would you rather go back and change the past or know your future? Neither! I believe that we are on the right path for us at all times. If I had to chose then i’d rather go back, as I like the element of surprise for the future.
7. What is your favourite festive holiday? Christmas – 100%. Getting the tree, decorating the house, buying and receiving presents, visiting friends and family, eating too much – I love it all!
8. What is your dream job? I would love to own a florist / coffee shop / pharmacy all in one, in my local community. (Don’t ask!). But what a great place it would be!
9. If you could give yourself one piece of advice at 16 years old, what would it be? Be nicer to your parents, they have done a brilliant job for 16 years and it doesn’t ever stop!
10. Why did you start blogging? Before maternity leave I was extremely career focused and loved trying new things. When I first gave birth, social media was my saviour during night time feeds, and I loved some of the articles I came across. I decided that a blog would be a good way to document my journey and provide advice for others who needed it (like I did, and still do for all new milestones!)
My 5 nominated bloggers are:
…and my 10 questions are:
- What has been your favourite post that you have written to date?
- Who is your inspiration in life?
- What is your favourite thing to do when the kids are in bed?
- If you had to eat just one food for breakfast, lunch and dinner, what would it be?
- What one piece of advice would you give a new parent?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What city would you love to visit?
- If you could be invisible, which famous person would you follow for the day?
- What makes you happy?
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Enjoy! And, remember to tweet me your answers @mummysetra!
Mummy S x